A SENIOR MAN IS ASSAULTED BY DOC EMPLOYEES IN A WHITIANGA PUBLIC CAR PARK

A SENIOR MAN IS ASSAULTED BY DOC EMPLOYEES IN A PUBLIC CAR PARK SAY TWO EYE WITNESSES (INCLUDES POLICE STATEMENT)

INCLUDES DR. WENDY POND’S WITNESS STATEMENT TO DoC ASSAULT ON GRAEME STURGEON, COROMANDEL

From Carol Sawyer

Author and conservationist, Graeme Sturgeon, was assaulted, his clothing ripped, his face left bloodied, and his car doorhandle broken, by DoC employees on 17 October 2017.

“…the driver’s door was opened, he was hauled out, and punched in the face by a DOC contractor, Mr X, without warning or explanation.”

https://envirowatchrangitikei.wordpress.com/2017/10/23/doc-employee...

DOC CAUGHT BREAKING THEIR OWN RULES – STORING 1080 IN WHITIANGA’S C...

NZ’S 1080 SUPPLY IS MADE RIGHT HERE IN YOUR OWN BACK YARD – FYI

Views: 558

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WHAT IS THIS ?!!!

This is so ridiculous. How did "anti-1080" people get 50 deer to this forest ? On transport trucks ? If they were farm deer they would mob. If they were wild deer, how did they catch them ? How do they know there are "fifty" ? DoC have killed five of the poor creatures so far. Just like all the other things Director-General of Conservation Lou Sanson talks about in this video, there is absolutely no evidence that anti-1080 people were involved in any way, or even that the deer didn't get there of their own accord.

Chris Wilkes, the chairman of the 100 Percent Pure Taranaki conservation group, said DoC's accusation was bizarre and desperate.

"I mean, do you know how hard it is to catch a sika deer ? They're a very difficult creature to capture live for release. And I think it's more likely to be hunters who are interested in hunting them, than it would be people trying to make some kind of a weird point."

On the other hand, old-age pensioners got attacked by DoC security staff in Whitianga on 17 October with zero provocation, when they were still in their vehicles, ( one punched in the nose so hard it broke the skin and made it bleed, and his clothing was torn and his car doorhandle broken ) and nothing gets into the news media !

Twenty tonnes of deadly 1080 baits are stored in the middle of Whitianga CBD for up to six weeks, loaded up before the 1080 operation within TWO METRES of residential housing, and next door to supermarkets, the scent of the lure heavy in the air and the whole thing unbeknown to the residents, and the other tenants in the building - the fire brigade and the Mayor were also unaware, I'm told - and this does not get reported !

You can be quite sure that if an anti-1080 person had attacked a DoC employee the whole nation would have heard about it within hours ! (Carol Sawyer)

Not only that but on the north side of the hill & bush between Tairua & Whenuakite there is a big stack of bales near the road & blocking what looks like an access track.

Last weekend a sharp eyed cyclist taking part in the K200 race spotted these & made some good jokes about kryptonite pellets to us. They could not take photos unfortunately.

Could it be bales of the safe & effective savior of our native birds & eradicator of pests.... 1080????

hmmm now that's interesting Baza

hmmm thanks baza

another glaring example of media bias

yes, good letter alright Rose 

The following was posted to FB today on someone's correspondence with Greens & gives their official stance pretty much on 1080. It got taken down by FB. I then posted it on my site to publish tomorrow & whilst it sat saved for an hour or two, someone removed the correspondence emails from it & replaced with a DoC promotional video on how effective 1080 is on eradicating pests. So they hacked into my site (apparently easy enuf by the looks) & changed the content. I wonder are they aware the public's really waking up? Damage control? To censor the Greens' info seems odd. Here's the info anyway..

Michelle Read wrote to the Greens, a comprehensive, lucid letter, complete with scientific tables and facts, with this accompanying note. :

30 October, 2017

Dear James Shaw,

Thank you for replying to my email of 14th September via Geraldine Molloy and Stephen Lungley. It was good to hear the different views put forward by your party. Congratulations on the outcome of the election.

Please find some more helpful information which I hope you decide to appropriately distribute to those in your party who will make important decisions for our environment.

It is vital we reduce our pesticides use in line with the 'developed world' instead of escalating them on the basis of an ideology. We cannot afford to keep pretending that poisons are an answer to a problem that may not even exist in the way it has been presented to the public. Please do take a moment to read this.

Whilst the other OECD nations are reducing pesticide use, New Zealand alone is bucking the trend and escalating the use of these chemical poisons. The compound known as 1080 is such an example of extraordinarily high use of a deadly poison... some would say it is overkill.

Here is the reply she received ( I have even been nice enough to correct the spelling in the credits Geoffrey Woodhouse has at the bottom of his letter. He had "Assiocate Minister for Environment" ) :

2 November, 2017

"On behalf of Hon Eugenie Sage, Minister of Conservation, thank you for your message of 30 October regarding the use of 1080 in pest control operations.

There is a lot of good information provided on the Department of Conservation website that can answer the concerns you raise. The following page covers most of the key points: http://www.doc.govt.nz/1080

Here’s a video from New Zealand’s Threatened Species Ambassador that explains why 1080 is an essential tool in protecting endemic species: https://www.facebook.com/DOCTSAmbassador/videos/380996898900459/?hc...

I recommend that you read the recent report of the Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment on this issue; it is very approachable and provides an independent, scientific assessment of the points you have raised. I have attached the link here: http://www.pce.parliament.nz/…/evaluating-the-use-of-1080.p

Sincerely,

Geoff Woodhouse | Private Secretary (Conservation)

Office of Hon Eugenie Sage

Minister of Conservation, Minister for LINZ, Associate Minister for Environment

And here is Michelle's response to that :

That is a very disappointing response and does not address my complaint.

The current failed aerial poisoning programme has existed for 64 years. It doesn't work. There are no credible DoC reports or data to show net benefit to any species in the New Zealand forests, apart from rats and mice that is.

Please read the following:

A recent review highlighting several reasons for concern regarding the New Zealand Government’s policy of widespread aerial poisoning with sodium monofluoroacetate (1080), was sent to several Government ministers and staff (in August 2016). A letter in reply, in support of the ongoing use of 1080, was received from the Department of Conservation (DoC). The letter claims that there is foundational evidence aerial 1080 poisoning is ‘safe’, will retain its efficacy against rats throughout repeated applications, has desirable biodiversity outcomes, and that there are no current alternatives to its continued use. These claims are refuted based on documented evidence. Further, examination of documents concerning the management of two species, kea (Nestor notabilis) and mohua (Mohoua ochrocephala), reveals no scientific, ecological basis supporting pest control by DoC. There is an urgent need to review conservation management in New Zealand.

Response to the Department of Conservation’s reply to “Aerial 1080 poisoning in New Zealand: reasons for concern” (PDF Download Available). Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/…/313881837_Response_to_the_De… [accessed Nov 02 2017].

Quick update, this man is now to be charged by Police for assault. Which shows how very corrupt is NZ ... two eye witnesses to the assault on him and HE'S being charged. When police arrived that night they interviewed the DoC people, not him, and were heard laughing with them. All out attack on 1080 activists. Be warned & film everything wherever you go if protesting. IMO anyway. 

RSS

© 2018   Created by rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service