Latest Activity

Rainbow Cat commented on Rainbow Cat's group Simply Good Stuff
4 hours ago
Jodi posted a video

Sacred~Serpent Message For You " Its Up To You "

Donations, Suggestions, & Contributions Can Be Made At : Www.SacredSerpent.Webs.Com In this brief rant I elaborate upon the importance of taking action now t...
5 hours ago
Martin Harris replied to Martin Harris's discussion London Parliement: Terror Attack
6 hours ago
Martin Harris commented on Sarah Hornibrooke's photo
7 hours ago
rose commented on Sarah Hornibrooke's photo
9 hours ago
Vickistar favorited Sarah Hornibrooke's photo
10 hours ago
rose replied to rose's discussion Biofilm and Nano - Literally A Plateful
10 hours ago
WakeUpKiwi.com commented on rose's video
11 hours ago
rose posted a video
12 hours ago
Alexandra Johans shared Sarah Hornibrooke's photo on Facebook
12 hours ago
Jodi commented on Jodi's video
14 hours ago
clyde wainwright replied to Martin Harris's discussion London Parliement: Terror Attack
15 hours ago
Sarah Hornibrooke commented on Sarah Hornibrooke's photo
15 hours ago
Sarah Hornibrooke posted a photo
15 hours ago
Susan replied to Martin Harris's discussion Hager's New Book: Hit And Run. SAS, Afghanistan, The Meaning Of Honour
15 hours ago
Susan favorited Martin Harris's discussion Hager's New Book: Hit And Run. SAS, Afghanistan, The Meaning Of Honour
15 hours ago
Nym replied to Martin Harris's discussion London Parliement: Terror Attack
16 hours ago
Nym replied to Martin Harris's discussion London Parliement: Terror Attack
17 hours ago
Susan replied to rose's discussion Biofilm and Nano - Literally A Plateful
19 hours ago
George W. Reichel favorited rose's discussion This weeks links - Simin
20 hours ago

Members

DEATH BY 1080 POISON IS LIKE BEING ELECTROCUTED FOR TWO PLUS DAYS, SAYS VET

horse death 1080.jpg

1080 POISON LIKE BEING ELECTROCUTED FOR TWO PLUS DAYS, SAYS VET

Read more

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A COUPLE OF EXAMPLES FROM HANSARD, THE READINGS OF THE ANIMAL WELFARE ACT CHANGES. https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=HANSARD+ANIMAL+WELFARE+ACT&rl...

PURE DOUBLE SPEAK, DOUBLE SPEAK....

Hon NATHAN GUY (Minister for Primary Industries): I move, That the Animal Welfare Amendment Bill be now read a third time. I am very pleased to speak on the third reading of the Animal Welfare Amendment Bill. Animal welfare matters to New Zealanders. It matters because we know that animals are sentient—capable of having feelings, perceptions, and experiences. It matters because our multi-billion dollar primary industries are dependent on the welfare of animals from which our primary products are derived; approximately $25 billion is generated from animal products per year. It matters because two-thirds of New Zealand households own at least one pet, and they are much-loved members of their larger extended families. Most important, animal welfare matters because New Zealand is a fair-minded and decent society, and treating animals properly is a part of our culture. It is very much a part of how we define who we are.

New Zealand already has a strong animal welfare system. In November last year the global charity World Animal Protection ranked New Zealand first equal out of 50 countries for our animal welfare regulatory system, alongside the UK, Austria, and Switzerland. That was fantastic. Our existing Animal Welfare Act is already part of our global success; so are our innovative spirit and our constant pursuit of excellence. Animal welfare matters: New Zealand Animal Welfare Strategy, released in 2013, defines New Zealand’s two primary animal welfare objectives as being—the first one is caring for our animals, and the second one is “reputation for integrity”. A review of the Act in 2012 identified several areas where the clarity, enforceability, and transparency of the Act could be improved. The Animal Welfare Amendment Bill addresses each of these.

STEFFAN BROWNING (Green) : I rise to speak to the first reading of the Animal Welfare Amendment Bill. The Green Party is supporting it going to the select committee. We want New Zealand to be world leaders in ethical food production.

“Photos of cages or mistreated dairy animals are not ambiguous. An image is way, way less likely to be seen as a false positive, as we might get in some food safety issues. Our clean, green, “100% Pure” branding and ethical stature means that this bill must ensure the absolute best possible outcomes that translate into something that New Zealanders, rural and urban, can be very, very proud of.”

I see no mention of 1080 in any of the three readings available , does that mean these politicians are truly ignorant. Another concerning note is that the SPCA has Government funding now, are they bought off?

Wow! 

OK 2010 1.2 MILLION. tHATS A GOOD PAY OFF FOR COMPLIANCE AND EXPLAINS A GREAT DEAL

New government funding will save more animals

Tuesday, 1 June, 2010

The new government funding for the inspectorate of SPCA New Zealand will be put to good use preventing the suffering and saving the lives of many more animals, said CEO Robyn Kippenberger.

The four year funding commitment to SPCA New Zealand of $1.2 million announced in the Budget is part of MAF Animal Welfare Compliance and Enforcement planning and will enable the SPCA to better coordinate their inspectorate activities with MAF to provide more comprehensive animal welfare outcomes.

https://www.rnzspca.org.nz/news/38-press-releases/194-new-governmen...

Graff Bros video comments on the 1080 drop being followed by THREE DAYS OF RAIN. A very common thing I have noticed here is that this is often the case as if the operators have no idea how to access Met View or watch the telly. But of course if it is rained out the kill will be lower and need to be done again sooner, THEREFORE more money made.

Thnaks for this info Sarah. Had no idea re the SPCA. Figures doesn't it. 

This reminded me of our mate Penny Bright from Auckland and her friend Grace Haden (Grace was a Police Sgt who worked in the courts, resigned because policing became "braun" rather than "brain").

Grace came to speak to our Residents & Ratepayers group in Hamilton a few years ago and had become a Private Investigator.  She was asked to look into the SPCA thing and these crooks almost bankrupted her and destroyed her marriage.  It's a bit of a read (the article with the fella's face and diagram "Neil Wells" and cohorts) scroll down a bit.   Basically be wary of SPCA's now as they often have a vets business' next door.  Your "donated" money does not necessarily go to the animals!!!???  Govt. corruption is rife.

http://www.transparency.net.nz/

Thank you Alan

Yes, thank you too Alan. Doesn't look good does it? 

I wonder is this why they often won't have a bar of abandoned cats. If you find any & call them up you're viewed with great suspicion or outright refusal. I always thought that didn't add up.

RSS

© 2017   Created by rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service