Disinterest In Pre-Maori History Stuns
January 25 2016 | From: WakeUpKiwi via BreakingViews

Official disinterest in pre-Maori New Zealand history stunned Australian-based researchers Peter Marsh and Gabi Plumm in Part 1 of their new documentary series titled Skeletons in the Cupboard.

Episode 1 The Redheads assembles evidence that Aryans from India migrated to the islands of the Pacific, including New Zealand.

The idea is not new. Edward Tregear's 1885 book The Aryan Maori had the same suggestion at a time when ideas about Aryan (or Caucasian) migrations became popular and were applied to New Zealand.

Mainstream historians like Richard Hill, Vincent O'Malley, and the late Michael King, dismiss the theories as lacking evidence, not bearing scrutiny, wild speculation, racist, or seeking to discredit Waitangi Tribunal claims.

Substantial evidence collected in 1988 that showed human occupation of New Zealand pre-dated Maori occupation by thousands of years was hidden in National Archives for 75 years. This includes carbon dating collected by 37 government-funded archaeologists in a one-year survey of stone structures in the Waipoua Forest near Dargaville.

Plumm interviewed one of those archaeologists, Noel Hilliam, who said that the initial dating showed the structures went back to 2225BC, which is about 3150 years before Maori history began in New Zealand.

Why the cover-up? Hilliam said:

The Maori guy in charge of the Waipoua survey closed the operation down the day after the initial dating came through”.

The survey was deposited at National Archives in Wellington with a note requiring approval of the Te Roroa-Waipoua Achaeological Advisory Committee or other appropriate Te Roroa authority for release of any of the data.

There was a significant noticeable change in Maori culture after they arrived in New Zealand 800 years ago, Plumm said.

They built planked houses with decorative facades, used single-hulled canoes instead of outriggers, fashioned terraced village sites with amphitheatres, and created complex art forms not seen in the Pacific. What made them change?” Plumm said.

New Zealand was inhabited when the first Polynesian canoes arrived, according to Maori oral tradition, which includes accounts of blond-haired, green-eyed flute-playing small people, the Patupaiarehe, as well as red-haired giants.

Plumm showed photos of skeletons in coffins less than 1.5-metres long.

Hilliam obtained DNA analysis of material found in the caves where the skeletons in coffins were located. The forensic pathologist in the United Kingdom who did the analysis confirmed they had the DNA identical to that of ancient Celtic people from Wales, and were 3500 years old.

Where did the light-skinned, blond-haired, green-eyed people go? They are still among us. Monica Matumua, who grew up at Rena on the Wanganui River 27km from Taumarunui, has a family tradition that their ancestors 165 generations ago migrated from India to escape a war.

If a generation is 20 years, 165 generations goes back 3300 years, to 1285BC, which coincides with the end of the Indus Valley civilisation in northwest India.

Matumua says her ancestors sailed across the Atlantic to Central America, relocated to South America, sailed to Polynesia, and sailed further to New Zealand 74 generations ago around 535 CE, landing in the Bay of Islands near Russell.

The name Ngati Hotu was given to her ancestors with the arrival in New Zealand of Kupe, the supposed first Polynesian to arrive in New Zealand from 925 to 1215 CE.

Matumua was stunned to see that Waitangi Tribunal member and historian Angela Ballara declare that all Ngati Hotu had been wiped out. Matumua told her story to the tribunal as part of a claim on behalf of Ngati Hotu.

In 2013 she submitted a sample of saliva to the National Geographic Genographic Survey, which aims to map historical human migration patterns by collecting and analyzing DNA samples from around the world

Results published in Elocal in February of 2014 showed the first reference population matching Matumua’s DNA was based on samples collected from the Kinh ethnic group living in Vietnam. Her second reference population is in Puerto Rico.

Her haplogroup, which includes those people with similar DNA results and where some of her more recent ancestors settled, showed that parts of South America and New Zealand were very closely related to her DNA code, with Hawaii particularly close.

Marsh and Plumm also talked to moko artist Jason Phillips, Ancient Celtic New Zealand author Martin Doutre, Barry Brailsford, who studied the oral history of the Waitaha, and Secret Land series writer Gary Cook.

They referred to an incident in Awanui in the Far North by an excavator driver who found 2000 skeletons hunched in a fetal postion, bound, and buried.

The driver asked the Auckland Museum for advice and was told the museum could do nothing because the local tribe had no interest in these remains because they were not their people. The remains were not investigated.

The 60-minute documentary that was released in November of 2015, the first part of a series, is quality cinematography and sound fronted by the British-born writer of short stories and a children’s book and filmed by a Fiji-born Australian.

Being outsiders and independent of state funding, Marsh and Plumm do not have to pick a side in New Zealand’s culture war.

Skeletons in the Cupboard shows that our past is much more interesting than you ever imagined.

Wake Up Kiwi

Views: 1264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks WUK.

Unfortunately there is a very aggressive agenda to bury NZ/Aotearoa's ancient history, which is a real shame.

I have old history books here (boxed away somewhere currently) in which the Maori people relate how "The Tangatuwhenua" where dwelling in this land when they arrived. Nowadays the claim is that THEY are the Tangatuwhenua. What of the Waitaha and Hawea tribes? What of the Moriori? And those redheads who provide a link to Easter Island and South America?

I guess when land claims and compensation are involved, anything that suggests a "pre-Maori" occupation is considered a threat, so must be swept under the carpet.

Good article. Haven't watched the documentary yet, but I certainly will

right on as usual Martin

Kia ora Martin.

There is much more with regards to this coming out.

As I was once told by a wise friend, the elements of the name Maori denote those who came before and those that came after; and that we are all one people.

Stand strong.

Thanks WUK. I agree, we are "all one". We are no longer a nation of Maori and European, we are people of many origins from many cultures and we need to learn to celebrate our cultural backgrounds and enjoy our differences as much as our similarities. As far as history goes, I'm only interested in the truth, even if some of it may sit uncomfortably with the current paradigm.

Look forward to more on this subject mate!

AHHH Martin, lets forget about the moon for now...This is my favourite subject and one that led to an 'awakening' of sorts,the google earth map above shows our beef farm that we owned from 1993-2002,directly above where it says 'Earth' on Google Earth in right hand bottom corner is part of our234ha block. I personally know 3 or the characters in the video 'skeletons in the cupboard' and talk weekly with the Vince who is shown showing the camera crew around the stone mounds just down the road from where we now live at Te Ahu Ahu Road.

In 2005 my son and I trecked into the Waipoua to take photos and find evidence of a great dam the foundations of which appear to be over 800meters across. There was no decent resolution on Google Earth at this stage, so convinced there was hidden megalithic structures of great size I contacted Raytheon Australia and purchased imagery of the area for over $1500 USD,( there is a small portion on my blogsite in black and white that I have highlighted with a red box) perplexingly the best view of the 'dam' is the 'green' photo posted at 804am and highlighted with a white box. To be sure this 'line in the bush' wasn't in fact a logging tack or area that has been logged I hunted out N.Z. Aerial Photography and got them to send me the oldest imagery of the area which happened to be taken in 1942 by the US Airforce when they were stationed here, this showed no evidence of logging and the forest in this area appeared undisturbed, now this is telling because when we lived at nearby Donnellys Crossing we had researched the Kauri logging and the Waipoua was last logged in 1953 when the railway closed, being the furtherest out from Dargaville the area in question was never actually logged and if it had been there would definitely be evidence visible in the 1942 pictures, there is none. However on actually arriving the 'line in the bush' is actually virgin Kauri in perfect straight lines which can only mean two things, they were planted,unlikely or they have grown on top of ancient embuttments of a dam or other structure some 800m dead straight with intersecting 'lines' at either end, the conclusion can only be a culture vastly more advanced and older than the evidence these other present of some dome or beehive shaped houses. check out my 2006 blog here

and like I said, before being 'stone-walled' over evidence of pre-maori civilisations I wouldn't have been caught dead admitting to any of the conspiracies we discuss here,damn tin-foil hat wearing liberals!

Yes Clyde, bickering about the Moon is fun and all, but ultimately this is a far more rewarding and constructive subject.

We must bear in mind also that it is a very sensitive subject.

I recall seeing a TV segment on Waipoua some years back, most interesting.

Our local Library had a book "Celtic New Zealand", but when I tried to reserve it, the book had mysteriously vanished from the library records. Hmmm.

Yeah I have spoken with Martin Doutre( author of Ancient Celtic NZ) when he was staying with Alan Titford and was writing a book about 'The Littlewood Treaty'. The theories put forward in Ancient Celtic New Zealand may have been seen as inflammatory and devisive, also his support of  Alan Titford(currently serving 24 year prison sentence for burning down his house and blaming Maori land claimants to bolster his compensation settlement and raping his wife) and Martin Doutre's ideas and research leading to the conclusion that the current Treaty of Waitangi was not the intended treaty to be signed,rather its his contention that the 'Littlewood' treaty  was to be the signed version, has obviously ruffled quite a few feathers and may have led to libraries being asked not to keep Ancient Celtic NZ, did you look under 'Fiction' because I have heard some more liberal libraries have decided to keep it and classified it as such to avoid potential backlash...personally I disagree with his 'Celtic' conclusions but its also full of genuine well researched evidence and is certainly worth further consideration.

Ask those that want to protect their cultures and heritage how that works if "we are all one".

"we are people of many origins from many cultures and we need to learn to celebrate our cultural backgrounds and enjoy our differences as much as our similarities." (from my previous comments)

Living together as one nation does not neccesarily entail losing one's heritage or culture.

There are two alternatives to cultural tolerance: Wipe out all cultures and submit to the New World Order, or be intolerant of our cultural diversity and perpetuate war.

No nation or culture should try to protect their heritage by obscuring the truth or erasing portions of history that seem unpalatable.

© 2018   Created by rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service