Israel to shut migrant centre and deport Africans

AFPNovember 18, 201Jerusalem (AFP) - Israel's cabinet voted on Sunday to close a migrant detention centre, as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced an agreement to deport 40,000 Africans who entered the country illegally.

Ministers unanimously approved plans to shutter the Holot centre in southern Israel and gave migrants a three-month deadline to leave the country or face deportation, said the interior and public security ministries.

"The infiltrators will have the option to be imprisoned or leave the country," the public security ministry said in a statement.

Israeli official figures from June 30 show a total of 38,043 African migrants in the country.

They include 27,494 Eritreans and 7,869 Sudanese, and their presence in south Tel Aviv has raised discontent among Israelis there and elsewhere.

Speaking ahead of Sunday's vote, Netanyahu noted that after building a fence on the Egyptian border and deporting some 20,000 African migrants through various deals, Israel has reached the third stage of its efforts -- "accelerated removal".

"This removal is taking place thanks to an international agreement I reached that enables us to remove the 40,000 infiltrators remaining, remove them without their consent," he told ministers.

"This will enable us to close down Holot and allocate some of the large funds going there to inspectors and removing more people," said Netanyahu.

Holot, an open facility in the desert that can host 1,200 migrants who are allowed to leave to work during the day, would be closed three months from December 16, according to the decision.

A public security ministry spokesman said an extension to that deadline would be set if necessary.

Ahead of the vote, Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan said Holot had become "a hotel for infiltrators at the tax-payers' expense that does not encourage their exit" and costs 240 million shekels ($68 million, 58 million euros) a year.

In a Twitter statement, Erdan however stressed the closure of Holot was conditioned on "us seeing that the policy of removing infiltrators to a third country was indeed taking place."

Neither Erdan nor Netanyahu gave details about the deal and the third country.

Israel tacitly recognises the Sudanese and Eritreans cannot be returned to their dangerous homelands, so it has signed deals with Rwanda and Uganda, which agree to accept departing migrants on condition they consent to the arrangement, according to activists.

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Netanyahu was quoted as saying that such continued immigration would destroy the Jewish identity of Israel.

Most interesting to me: "'The infiltrators will have the option to be imprisoned or leave the country,' the public security ministry said in a statement. Israeli official figures from June 30 show a total of 38 043 African migrants in the country. They include 27 494 Eritreans and 7 869 Sudanese and their presence in south Tel Aviv has raised discontent among Israelis there and elsewhere."

Years ago, I read Graham Hancock's Sign and the Seal: The Quest for the Lost Ark of the Covenant in which he discusses in depth the Jewish diaspora in Ethiopia since the Queen of Sheba, after visiting with King Solomon, absconded with the Ark of the Covenant. From my fictional history or historical fiction series Sub Rosa America:

No sooner were they in the vehicles and on their way out of town than KRMA passed on some synchronous news.
“1992, Ethiopia. Emperor Haile Selassie’s remains have been discovered under a concrete slab on the grounds of his former palace. One Metonic cycle ago, he was slain under house arrest after a CIA-sponsored Ethiopian coup. The Dergue military junta ruled until 1987."
Ray slipped in, "Bob Marley worshipped Haile Selassie."
“Haile Selassie was the 225th descendant of Menelik I, son of the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon of Jerusalem and member of the dominant Amhara-Tigre culture. For 700 years, all but one ruler was Amhara. (Amharic and Ge’ez, the ancient liturgical language of Ethiopia, are both related to Hebrew.)
“Descendant Prince Lalibela was exiled in 1160 and sought refuge in Palestine; 774 years later (the square root of 774 is 27.8 years, a Saturn cycle), Emperor Haile Selassie was exiled and for 44 years did what he could to protect the Ark of the Covenant in Axum as Mussolini devastated his country from 1934 to 1941.”
The Ark of the Covenant! Mannie was all ears.
“Until Mussolini, Ethiopia had been ignored by European colonialist powers. Once Mussolini brought Ethiopia to her knees, Britain and France stepped in. One Metonic cycle later, in December 1960, while the Emperor was on a state visit to Brazil, American ‘military advisers’ staged a three-day 'test coup,' after which Ethiopia’s educated language became English and Britain passed the nation to the U.S. Military Assistance Advisory Group.
"Between 1953 and 1969, U.S. military aid to Ethiopia climbed to $147 million, three times the aid to the 13 other African states. An Air Force on par with Japan and Turkey was built up, along with a 10,000-strong paramilitary police force plus Kagnew Station, one of the largest high-frequency stations in the world, connecting everything between Langley and the Philippines.
“The question remaining: Was the Ark of the Covenant stolen in 1960 or 1974, with uranium placed in its stead? This is KRMA . . .”
Over the two-way, Seven said, “Parsifal and Feirefiz.”
"A Brotherhood coup on par with stealing the Spear of Longinus," the Colonel added.

So... are they sending Hebrews back or non-Hebrews? The reporter did not answer this obvious question. There are Ethiopian Hebrews currently in Israel legally. So how come there are illegals? MSM did not inform me of Israel having an illegals problem.

It's just not racism when Israel does it.

I would posit that there are no more Hebrews.Judaism as practiced in the Old Testament(Torah) no longer exists.The great majority of Jews today are not semites,rather a lot of Caucasians from Russia,Easterrn Europe,etc.Excepting,of course, the Jews that are black or Asian.No ties to Abraham or the middle east.

There have been tribes found in Afghanistan, Kenya(?), Ethiopia, Tanzania(?) where they practice in present time the rituals etc of old. They reportedly have Torah and priestly garments and are dark skinned and with the Semitic nose. There are 12 lost tribes and these are supposedly the remnants of some of the 12. It is a story still unfolding. The Caucasian Jews come from the Caucasian area and were once slaves of Babylon(?) but were pushed into Europe by Eastern peoples. My understanding is that some of the Afghan and African tribes were flown (in the 1990's?) into Israel and are settled there. I just wonder if there is a mix up and the illegals happen also to be members of one of the lost tribes. I will search out links etc and add to this post.

There is no "semitic nose" any more than there is Jewish DNA.The subject of race has always been polluted by myth and bias.Everyone wants to be "Special" but the very plain truth is we are mostly all mongrels.In the 30's the Nazis were peddling their Aryan myths and now we have the Zionists peddling their snake oil.

You know,there have been studies showing that Palestinian Jews possess the same DNA as Palestinian Arabs.One such study out of Spain was published in the Journal of Immunology.It elicited such a firestorm of protests from the Zionists that the Journal removed it.Some copies had already gone out prompting the editors to request that recipients tear out the "offending pages".Insane PC such as rules us now.

Are we surprised?

Nope.This insanity will end as well only to be replaced by some other racial myth.Like I said,everyone wants to be special.

RSS

© 2018   Created by rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service