When will Hurricane Irma reach Florida? Latest path forecast and damage summary

When will Hurricane Irma reach Florida? Latest path forecast and damage summary

Track the most powerful storm ever recorded in the Atlantic Ocean as it heads towards Florida.

by , , and

Hurricane Irma, the most powerful storm ever recorded in the Atlantic Ocean, has been advancing across the northern Caribbean, leaving a trail of devastation in its path, and at least 18 dead. It is now expected to make landfall in Miami on Sunday.

After hitting smaller islands such as Antigua and Barbuda on Tuesday and ..., the storm hit the Dominican Republic and Haiti on Thursday, and the Bahamas on Friday.

Because the centre of the storm has skirted the landmass of Cuba, meteorologists say the hurricane has retained intensity that might have been sapped by the island’s hills. But the 2.7m residents of Miami can take some - limited - comfort that its severity when it makes landfall there is expected to be category four, rather than five as it has been for most of its progress.

The strength of a hurricane is marked by its category on what is known as the Saffir-Simpson scale, which reflects the wind speeds – and hence the level of damage expected once the cyclone strikes land.

Read more

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2 HOURS AGO.

Hurricane Jose: storm 'almost category five' as it follows Irma's destructive path

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/09/hurricane-jose-storm-...

The system is nearing the eastern Caribbean islands of Barbuda and Anguilla, promising further devastation in the wake of the giant Irma

Hurricane Jose has “almost” reached category five strength, with top winds of 155 mph (250kmh) as it heads towards the eastern Caribbean islands ravaged by Hurricane Irma.

Jose was about 240 miles (390km) east-southeast of the northern Leeward Islands on Saturday morning and was forecast to hit the outlying Caribbean islands later in the day.

The US national hurricane centre said that “air force hurricane hunters find Jose even stronger ... almost a category 5 hurricane”.

It issued hurricane warnings for the eastern Caribbean islands of Barbuda and Anguilla, Sint Maarten, St Martin and St Barthelemy. A hurricane watch was in effect for Antigua, while tropical storm watch was is in effect for Montserrat, St Kitts, and Nevis, British Virgin Islands, and St Thomas and St John.

Praying

It hit cuba and i looked at multiple sources and didnt see much damage there. Msm slways tries to scare everyone. I think it will be ok.

Secrets of Saturn - Raphaelle's Warning About Hurrican Irma For New Orleans

Added by Nym on September 9, 2017

http://thecontrail.com/video/secrets-of-saturn-raphaelle-s-warning-...

I think they are scaring people to make it more powerful than it is. It went through cuba, but where is all that damage? There is an agenda to getting people out of their homes.they have been arresting people in shelters. Who knows what reasons. They have told homeless in florida to evacuate or they will be put in psych wards. Houston has been occupied. It is the agenda.

I'm very sorry for the lateness of this clip from Clif - THIS IS THE GLOBAL COASTAL EVENT and he's been telling us this was going to happen for eons...  LISTEN!

To quote Vinyl Lady "If we are powerful beings in a state of mind-controlled enslavement....then surely there is some way to counter these attacks"...

Well in this moment I will go out on a limb and say that many years ago I was told this by some deep level military black magicians. I am literally quoting from the horses mouth...

"if the spiritually oriented people of the world got together and prayed and visualised peace on earth with all their heart then ALL our New world Order Plans and dark technologies would fail overnight"

Of course this is coupled with the ability to be able to inform others on the truth...which we are all chipping away at despite all they throw at us to shut us up.

So whatever your faith and beliefs pray for peace right now, pray for people to wake up, and pray for love to reign.

People have done studies on this, they proved that prayer and intention works so if you don't believe me or what I relay from the mouths of the shadow government you can look that up.

And never give up...it might not look like its working but one day it will. Peace is written in the stars already its just taking a very long and rough road home. 

With you on this CP. Love Sarah 

Thanks for going out on that limb, Cat PJ......

Every night when I lay down to sleep (which I'm not much good at!)...

I will cultivate those feelings of compassionate love and gratitude and visualize world peace, harmony and cooperation instead of war and competition....and stuff like that.

Can't hurt.  I used to do it nightly but fell out of the habit during the move from California to Colorado.  It's time to get back to it.

There's a wonderfully simple Tibetan Buddhist practice...that when you're feeling joy or happiness or even eating something very yummy....you make the intention that all sentient beings may experience that goodness.....and when you're feeling lonely or sad or fearful, your intention is that everyone may be free from such feelings.  It sounds so simple yet has been demonstrated to cure illness and cultivate harmony.  I'm giving an oversimplification of this practice which is known as "Tonglen practice"

Thanks for the reminder.

RSS

© 2018   Created by rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service