CDC Admits 98 Million Americans Were Given an Hereditary Cancer Virus Via The Polio Shot During 1955–1963

by Pam Vernon

"The CDC has admitted that between 1955–1963 over 98 million Americans received one or more doses of a polio shot which was contaminated with a cancer-causing virus called Simian vacuolating virus 40 (SV40)."  Although quickly removed from their website, it has been cached and reproduced in the article.

Read more

Views: 184

Replies to This Discussion

And in New Zealand?

This is unbelievably appalling - especially since the virus is passed from one generation to the next. Was it an inadvertent error? Probably not.

Agree with you Jenny.

About 25 years ago an Auckland paper (Sunday News?) ran a series about the Polio Oral Vaccine (dispensed in about 1962) contained a carcinogenic virus. Canada, the country of manufacture would not allow it to be used domestically but were happy enough to export to the dilberries running the Department of Health in New Zealand.
The NZ dilberries had 2 options - purchase the relatively expensive clean vaccine or pay less for the vaccine with the added bonus. And yes, you guessed correctly. They opted for the vaccine with the free virus.

I was one of the hundreds of thousands that drank the pinkish liquid in the wee waxxed (yes, that word starts with W not V) paper cups.

No thanks to the vaccine but I'm still alive and kicking

Thanks for posting this Rose. And that's interesting Peter. I think I can recall drinking a dose of polio vax. Not sure. 

This is on snopes too by the way. And not surprizingly. 

Me as well Peter. I vividly remember being given the 'pink drink' twice, and I am relatively OK. BUT MY DAUGHTER DIED FROM CANCER in 2015. She was just 30 years old.

Sarah, that is so tragic.

Yes it is Jenny. Her father had the pink drinks too. But more than tragic is another young friend died from cancer last week and it will just keep on happening.

So so sorry to hear of your sadness & loss Sarah. 

NEW ZEALAND

https://researchspace.auckland.ac.nz/bitstream/handle/2292/3144/02w...

CHAPTER 8: ‘Crises of Confidence?’ Vaccine controversies and medical and public responses 1973-1990 . GO TO PAGE 234 .

A SMALL EXCERPT FROM THERE.

"The Health Department had had several months’ warning of the Baguley and Glasgow research when it provided details of the polio vaccine campaigns to the two doctors. Consequently the Department conducted its own inquiry ‘behind closed doors’ regarding the effects of SV40 which led it to conclude the vaccine was ‘safe’.10 Although press statements had been prepared in advance, the Department was taken aback by the intensity with which Truth attacked its subject over 22 weeks from December 1973 to July 1974. Headlines such as ‘2 million candidates for cancer?’11 and ‘Killer Slip? Health men & a dirty vaccine…’12 abounded for weeks with accusations by Truth that the Department was trying to cover up or give different versions of what happened.13

4 D. M. Baguley, G. L. Glasgow, ‘Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis and the Salk Vaccine’, The Lancet, 6 October 1973, pp.763-65. They also thought there might be a link to killed measles vaccine. 5 Editorial, The Lancet, 6 October 1973, p.772 and also N. McD. Davidson, ‘S.S.P.E. in New Zealand’, The Lancet, 8 December 1973, pp.1332-33. Usually SSPE takes about five to seven years to develop and hence it was argued that a measles epidemic in 1952-53 was more likely to be responsible for cases of SSPE than the SV40 in the Salk vaccine three to four years later. 6 D. M. Baguley and G. L. Glasgow, ‘Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis and the Salk Vaccine’, p.765. 7 Report to the Minister of Health of the Special Committee to Investigate the Safety of Poliomyelitis vaccines, 7 March 1983, Wellington, p.30. 8 C. J. Rutty, ‘Do something!… Do Anything! Poliomyelitis in Canada 1927-1962’, PhD thesis, University of Toronto, 1995, p.376. In the United States from August 1961 all lots of vaccine had to be tested for SV40 by the manufacturer. Any batches that contained SV40 were to be destroyed. See also EAC Minutes 14 March 1974, ABQU 632 W4452/913 144/17 Polio Vaccine 1973-92, ANZ, Wellington. 9 Connaught was granted a licence to manufacture the vaccine by the Canadian government on 2 March 1962 with the proviso that the vaccine was free of SV40.

Cancer risk associated with simian virus 40 contaminated polio vaccine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10472327

Anticancer Res. 1999 May-Jun;19(3B):2173-80.

Cancer risk associated with simian virus 40 contaminated polio vaccine.

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

The presence of SV40 in monkey cell cultures used in the preparation of the polio vaccine from 1955 through 1961 is well documented. Investigations have consistently demonstrated the oncogenic behavior of SV40 in animal models. Early epidemiologic studies were inadequate in demonstrating an increase in cancer incidence associated with contaminated vaccine. Recently, investigators have provided persuasive evidence that SV40 is present in human ependymomas, choroid plexus tumors, bone tumors, and mesotheliomas, however, the etiologic role of the virus in tumorigenesis has not been established.

MATERIALS AND METHODS:

Using data from SEER, we analyzed the incidence of brain tumors, bone tumors, and mesotheliomas from 1973-1993 and the possible relationship of these tumors with the administration of the SV40 contaminated vaccine.

RESULTS:

Our analysis indicates increased rates of ependymomas (37%), osteogenic sarcomas (26%), other bone tumors (34%) and mesothelioma (90%) among those in the exposed as compared to the unexposed birth cohort.

CONCLUSIONS:

These data suggest that there may be an increased incidence of certain cancers among the 98 million persons exposed to contaminated polio vaccine in the U.S.; further investigations are clearly justified.

PMID:

[Indexed for MEDLINE]

THANKS Sarah, I've added these links to the original article. Great also to have NZ info.

RSS

© 2017   Created by rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service