Could climate-optimised flight routes be the answer to aviation's environmental impact?

Updated yesterday at 8:44am
RN is radio national Australia, part of the ABC network.

We know the awareness is growing when they reboot the propaganda.

There are songs written about it, entire industries are built around it and millions of people worldwide use it every day.

We can't live without air travel — but it has consequences for the environment. In 2016, the world's flights produced 815 million tonnes of CO2 — and in February this year, a staggering 4.72 million passengers travelled around Australia on domestic air carriers, up almost 4 per cent on February 2017.

Although the airline industry and governments are racing to find solutions to the emissions problem, they cannot innovate fast enough to keep up with the world's demand for discount air travel.

Air travel accounts for 2 per cent of global man-made CO2 emissions, and the International Civil Aviation Authority (ICAO) forecasts aircraft emissions will quintuple by 2050.

But global warming caused by CO2 emissions from fossil fuels burned in jet engines is just part of the problem. Plenty more: RN Australia MAy 2018

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But most of us awake people know that its not air flights causing the mass chemtrails in the sky, the ones that do the cross hatching,the Large X signs, that are constant day in and day out that turn a blue sky white, are Military planes, not Air traffic, on rare occasions when allowed full blue skies,we see very little trial from commercial planes, in fact you would be forgiven to think they have taken the day off....but the military are fooling us,letting many think its normal by getting the odd occasional real normal weather day, but a clever idea to get the commercial industry to to the blame and then charge the passengers extra for travel...so they get a bonus out of it...yes a clever distraction. But it also shows "they, the deep state" are aware we are Waking up

As far as I see over my area, it's always commercial flights. I've only ever filmed and photographed the likes of Qantas, Virgin, Jetstar, SIA. Not that I doubt your accounts at all.

Air travel accounts for 2 per cent of global man-made CO2 emissions

WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT - The pollution coming out of planes is about 95% of the current pollution [roblem.

Knew you would love that lol

But global warming caused by CO2 emissions from fossil fuels burned in jet engines is just part of the problem.

At leasst they got that right

RSS

© 2018   Created by rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service