Friends, thank you for your continued care and concern. I am packing up now to leave the island for good.

Friends, thank you for your continued care and concern. I am packing up now to leave the island for good. I am moving back to Calif to a remote part of Grass Valley.

Although where I live presently, has had very few challenges from the lava flow, not far from here people have lost their homes, have evacuated because of bad air quality, and many people are living in their cars or sleeping on cots at the local community center. Others have moved to other parts of the island with friends, family or are renting or staying in hotels.

I drove to Hilo today to get errands done in preparation to leave and there was volcanic smog settled over the entire city. It is very strange indeed, like being in a futuristic disaster movie. 

I know when one lives in an area not usually associated with any emergency challenges, it is quite easy to become complacent, thinking life goes on unchanging into infinity. As we know, this is not always the case.

A number of months back, being psychic, neurotic or prophetic, I am not sure which? I spent a bunch of money, purchasing a military grade backpack, portable water filtration devices, organized my high quality flashlights and rechargeable batteries, inexpensive little emergency blankets made from foil, first aid kit, basically created a "bug out" emergency pack. 

I thought maybe I was just bored and getting programmed by all the stupid doom and gloom on the internet. I was even looking at emergency breathing masks of various types, but decided I did not want to spend the money because I thought I was just being weird about this. Hmm, maybe I am psychic?

Now I see why people take emergency preparedness seriously, no matter where they live. And I would suggest you do the same. Want some hints from a guy who is not really a doom and gloomer and not really a prepper, but who knows a few things just from being a "guy?" Here you go....

Without hesitation, go get yourself:

1) High quality backpack with lots of pockets and storage. Get a pack big enough to hold a warm jacket, a few pieces of clothing and other items that can be organized in the pockets. Make sure your pack has a waste belt so you are not carrying a heavy pack on your shoulders without the weight distributed.

2) Some packs of dried or freeze dried organic nuts, seeds, beef jerkey if you eat meat.

3) Quality emergency water filtration drinking straw and/or backpacking/hiking water pump for filling up a water bottles from water sources that may not be perfectly clean.

4) High quality flashlight. No goofy cheap lights from a hardware store. Get a flashlight and headlamp made by Nitecore, or Fenix that uses a rechargeable 18650 battery. And get charger for that type of battery.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fenix-PD35-TAC-1000-Lumen-LED-tactical-Fla...

5) Get a knife. Yes, a real "dumb guy" knife. Yes, spend $100 or $125 on a Spyderco or Zero Tolerance and get something that will last and can take a beating. Or get a Swiss Army knife with some of those other tools in it. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-Brown-G-10-TENACIOUS-Folder-Strai...

6) Get a small, quality camping lanterns as well. One that uses one or two 18650 batteries. Fenix makes my favorite ones.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fenix-CL25R-350-Lumens-Rechargeable-Campin...

7) Get a portable first aid kit. Add some silver gel and iodine to the kit.

Finish doing your own research as to what to put into your bugout/emergency pack. If you don't live in Hawaii, you can leave the pack hanging and stored in your closet and it wont mold like mine do! And whatever you do, consider this email update important, and don't even think twice about spending $300 or more following my above suggestions. You never know when you would need a pack like this and you can just grab it and toss it in your car.

SourcePoint Global Outreach
Neil Steven Cohen - Executive Director
Tel: (808) 445-9744 / (808) 464-0177 
SourcePoint Global Outreach
The SourcePoint Experience
EMF Assessment and Remediation
EMF Safety Zone Product Website
EMF Safety Zone YouTube Channel

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A THANK YOU... for sharing during your difficult time. From Southern Oregon.

Good advice from Neil! Thanks for sharing this Rose.

Have been thinking about getting something like this together. Most of us are unprepared for disaster. Thanks.

Good starting point for BOB or EDC - I would add that even if one does not live in a mold-prone environment that bags are checked on a regular basis. Batteries can go bad, some medical supplies expire and food can expire or be eaten by mice. Emergency bags should also be tailored for the risks that are prone to your geographical area.
I like an EDC (every day carry) bag in my car which is never far from me. It's taught me to carry the bare necessities.
So sorry for Neil and all others on the islands ... watching local news (KHON) and alternative media and I'm heartbroken for those who have lost homes and are still at risk by staying.

Best wishes for you in California.Keep your bug-out bag handy

We thought a bit of Water was bad here on Kauai, not even close to what You are going thru. Good idea, You leaving. Wishing You Well on your journey. Sending You the Very Best thought’s and Prayer’s.

After receiving am alarmist Email this morning, I published this item at Uncensored.
https://uncensored.co.nz/2018/05/20/mega-tsunami-warning-think-for-...
Be prepared for anything, but keep a level head. Stay safe guys, and stay calm.

Interesting...

RSS

© 2018   Created by rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service