Below is an email I sent to Spark regarding 5G. Continue scrolling to see their response. Discussion paper here

Dear Andrew,

I obtained your email from the 5G Briefing put out by Spark in August this year. I was highly disappointed to see that Spark does not seem to have any concerns - or self investigation - regarding any potential health issues involved with EMF waves in general and in particular high frequency millimetre waves. Concerns over the dangers of EMF/EMR are - despite what our media, corporations and government departments will tell you - have been around for many years and there are many peer-reviewd and official studies showing the multiple dangers of this type of technology.
I could easily add many links here for you regarding these dangers and if you wish me to, I would be more than happy to provide these links. However, for now I would like to get your attention and - to be honest Andrew - see if you will give me the time of day to respond to my email, or just label me as a crank and shove me to the junk mail folder. Let me assure you, I am an intelligent and well researched person with nothing but concern for my family, my community and my country and I would like to think that Spark has similar values.
Unfortunately, it is obvious from the 5G Briefing that Spark is a nprofit-driven corporation that is rushing head-first to what will potentially be a health nightmare, does not do it's own due-diligence and puts sales ahead of public safety. And for what reason? Because the 'consumer demands it'? That is rubbish! Yes, there will be many people (with no idea of the risks) who think that faster streaming of their games and Netflix would be cool, and yes some folks who might think it is great to have a driverless car. But I'm pretty sure that if most people were aware that high-powered electromagnetic frequencies will be pumped from powerful and multiple antenna (many within metres from their home and/or sleeping area) to a saturation level, often with little or no immediate benefit to them, they would be reluctant at least.
Even your 5G Briefing shows a picture of a grandchild holding a cellphone, despite World Health Organisation classing it as a possible carcinogen https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/8548725/Mobile-phones-... and the US National Toxicity Programme finding a link between certain cellular signals and an increase in brain tumours https://www.biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2016/05/26/055699.ful... 
Not to mention that many people suffer from electro hypersensitivity (EHS) - including my own partner - and with the new 5G rollout, will not only suffer more but will find it almost impossible to find a safe haven as the IoT is steam-rolled out to blanket the nation.
Why can Spark not be the market leader in researching and providing 'safe' internet instead of just the fastest? Now is the time to step back and take a deep breath and carefully do the research before we end up with another health epidemic such as smoking.
I sincerely hope that you take the time to seriously look into what I have written here and not just rush back with the standard corporate line. I look forward to your response and some action from Spark.
Yours sincerely,
Saru
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Saru

Firstly, my apologies for taking some time to get back to you. Given the thought you clearly put into your email to share your concerns, I wanted to ensure we addressed your concerns properly and it’s taken me a few days to confirm some aspects with Spark’s EMF experts.

As a company we take the safety of our customers (and indeed of all New Zealanders) very seriously when it comes to all areas of our business activities and operations.  This includes having a dedicated staff member who is responsible for ensuring Spark’s EMF compliance and alongside this we engage with a number of independent experts, who continually test and monitor our network. 

We are aware that there are many views on the safety of Electro Magnetic Fields (EMF) arising from radio frequency waves, and conducting research online will uncover vastly differing opinions, reports and official studies.  Let me outline our position and our activity in this area.

Internationally, we look to the World Health Organisation (WHO) as the primary body that reviews and monitors EMF. The position, supported by the WHO, is that there is no clear evidence from the thousands of scientific studies undertaken to date that mobile phones or base stations (i.e. cell sites) present risks to human health. The European Commission’s Scientific Committee agrees with the WHO findings. Investment and studies have increased in the past 20 years as mobile telephony has become widespread.  For almost 70 years, scientists have examined non-ionising radio frequencies for any indication of risks to human health, and leading independent scientific bodies continue to review all the available evidence.

I note your concern about the WHO classifying EMF produced by mobile phones as possibly carcinogenic to humans. This categorisation sits alongside many other commonly used items like coffee, processed meat, pickled vegetables, and some sunscreen ingredients. “Possibly carcinogenic” is a lower level than other categories used by WHO - there are separate lists of those items that are categorised as ‘known carcinogens’ and those that are “probable carcinogens”. The WHO also states that many studies have been performed over the last two decades to assess whether mobile phones pose a potential health risk. To date, no adverse health effects have been established as being caused by mobile phone use and this is why their status is listed as ‘possible’. 

In New Zealand, the Ministry of Health Interagency Committee monitors research into EMFs, and reports to the Director-General of Health.  The Committee reviews local and international research and makes recommendations whether New Zealand Standard remains appropriate for protection of Human health.  See: https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/radiation-safety/non-ionising-r...

The New Zealand standards for exposure to EMF from radio transmitters follow international recommendations. Spark designs all its mobile cell towers to comply with National Environmental Standards (NES) including radiofrequency standard NZS2772.   Based on our continuous and robust testing obligations, Spark’s cell towers transmit at around 1-2% of the New Zealand standard. You can find evidence of our independent test results published on the Ministry of Health’s website here: https://www.health.govt.nz/system/files/documents/pages/spark-cells...

In your email you have indicated that your primary concern is around the high frequency millimetre waves frequencies that are intended to be used as part of the provision of 5G services.  The effect of millimetre waves has been documented and incorporated in existing exposure standards as these frequencies have been used for many years in other applications (e.g. dish antenna for point to point communications) – so this is not a new technology or exposure. 

The key global body for determining EMF exposure standards is the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers). A revision of the relevant IEEE exposure standard is currently underway and includes a review of millimetre wave in its research. We are waiting for this to be published (we expect a draft will be circulated publicly later this year) and we will continue to monitor and adhere to the standards if and when any change is required. 

As discussed in our 5G Briefing Paper, the first spectrum bands likely to be made available in New Zealand for 5G are at similar frequencies to mobile technologies already in use. The existing New Zealand exposure standard covers all these frequencies, and research published since the standard was adopted still supports the limits set in the standard. Measurements at test sites suggest that exposures from 5G transmitters will be similar to those from the current technologies. As happens already, if demand increases then more sites will be needed, each covering a smaller area. As they cover a smaller area, they will need less power and based on international models we expect that exposures should be no greater than around existing sites.

You also raised concerns about the image of a child in our 5G whitepaper using a cell phone.  You will note we have ensured the child is using a ‘hands-free’ kit, which is the official health recommendation for children aged under 12. 

I trust that this response provides you with the information you were looking for - and assures you of our ongoing commitment to ensuring EMF safety and adhering to global and local standards.  We will continue to seek independent advice from qualified experts on the health and safety of electromagnetic fields and other non-ionising radiation types and any future scope of work will include further consideration on this topic.

Best regards

Andrew Pirie

Andrew Pirie

Lead, Corporate Relations
Spark New Zealand

T

+64 9 359 2250

M

+64 27 555 0275

E

andrew.pirie@spark.co.nz

Spark New Zealand Trading Limited

Level 7 Purple, Spark City
167 Victoria Street West
Private Bag 92028, Auckland 1010
www.spark.co.nz

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i do know with the infrastructure we already have people are dropping fast as are lifeforms of all kinds ,from insects to trees to reptiles to whole forests .came accross this today ,from what i understand these people are all sick / dead from the same tower  ::

You people don't think this technology radiation kills...think again

Deaths . . .

Victoria — lived about 260 ft. from the Cell Tower, from 2009 until her death in 2010
Victoria, in her 30’s, moved into PAH shortly after receiving a diagnosis of breast cancer. When she first arrived she was positive, active, and outgoing. During the one year she lived here however, she grew progressively worse until she needed special care and had to leave. She died shortly afterwards.

David — lived about 260 ft. from the Cell Tower, from 2009 until his death in 2011
David, in his 60’s, was a Vietnam Vet and had heart issues. He was found unconscious in his apartment. He died shortly afterwards.

Erin — lived about 350 ft. from the Cell Tower, from 2009 until her death in 2013
Eri was in her 20’s when she moved here and was healthy. She was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly after the birth of her child around 2011. She died at age 33 and left a 2 ½ year old son. She died in her apartment.

Wayne — lived about 300 ft. from the Cell Tower, from 2009 until his death in 2014
Wayne, in his 60’s, had diabetes which progressed to the point where he became wheel chair bound. Eventually he had one leg then the other leg amputated. He died in the apartment in 2014.

Tara — lived about 300 ft. from the Cell Tower, from 2009 until her death in 2015
Tara, in her 70’s, died here in her apartment. She had osteoporosis that progressed to such a point she experienced continual excruciating pain and loss of full mobility. She chose to end her own life via starvation http://scientists4wiredtech.com/sebastopol/

Well posted deanna

Wow, great site to share Deanna...feels like you can talk to people till you are blue in the face but they wont listen till they see some real life stuff.

Be keen to hear folks' comments on this. This tower is adjacent to a small NI coastal town... it has changed appearance just recently. Like all the attachments & wires / cords etc. Used to be a simple tower. When I visited today their mobile coverage has improved dramatically. Which made me thing, hmmm that tower. So I photographed it having my camera this time. The town is actually Waitarere Beach. Those box attachments make me think 5G or is it just an upgrade?? Looks like the 5g images I've been seeing. 

Wouldn't surprise me,Globalist initiative that it is

From a NZ contact "No there's no 5G in that lot. This is part of the upgrades in line with the "Mobile Blackspot Grand", the government injected 50 Million (2015) to increase the coverage for mobile phones.
The photo shows standard 2-3 and 4G. 3G operates at 900MHz and 4G operates in the 700MHz and 1800Mhz bands."

RSS

© 2019   Created by rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service