On April 5, 2018, “60 Million Consumers" in France announced the recall of 90,000 “Hapi 30” phones made by “MobiWire”.
Other models could follow.
The ANFR (the French regulatory authority) stated in a press release that they had given, “notice to the company MobiWire on January 22, 2018 to take all appropriate measures to put an end to the non-compliance detected of the devices currently on the market as well as those already sold.”
At the same time, the ANFR also published the test report of the Hapi 30 conducted last year which shows that the specific absorption rate (measure of microwave radiation absorbed by the human body) exceeds the regulatory threshold.
Dr. Marc Arazi, President of “Alerte Phonegate”, said “this concerns millions of mobile phones in France, tens of millions in Europe, hundreds of millions at the international level.”
The Environmental Health Trust states, "as a reminder 9 out of 10 phones tested in 2015 exceeded the regulatory limits, some reaching, in terms of the European standard, more than 7 W/kg, or, recalculated according to the U.S. standard, more than 20 W/kg, that is, exceeding ten times the thresholds, posing a risk to the health and safety of users".
Jean Philips from EMFields Solutions comments, "this affects phone users all over the world, and maybe will make them think again about the safety of phone use and the effect the RF radiation may have on themselves and their families".
The Hapi 30 mobile phones are among the best-selling ones and used by millions of French people, including many children.
“This is a major public health issue and we must directly alert our public officials to the extremely serious consequences of their inaction. It is certain that if the governing officials do not take stock of their political responsibility, “Alerte Phonegate” is determined to draw all the legal conclusions from them,” said lawyer Jerome Karsenti who advises the association.
For my cell phone radiation protection tips click here: